FSLogix Apps is a software agent that enables virtual desktop administrators to massively reduce the number of Windows Gold images, easily manage per-user applications, optimize license costs while assuring compliance, and eliminate some of their biggest problems in VDI and RDSH.
Administrators have more applications and workspace variations to deal with than ever. And traditional application virtualization products often add undesirable overhead and still can’t address all use cases. FSLogix enables enterprises to easily go from way too many images, to a single Unified Base Image, without repackaging applications, ever.
STATE OF THE ART TECHNOLOGY
Using “image masking”, a single Windows image can serve any number of users by presenting only what they’re allowed to see. Applications are normally installed and run natively, without the performance impact associated with isolation or streaming products. FSLogix Apps is as simple as possible, with no sequencing or packaging of applications required.
ULTIMATE DESKTOP FLEXIBILITY
With the ability to merge centralized profiles and applications from App Containers into the user’s desktop, FSLogix offers the most flexible and powerful solution to transform workspace management that’s available today.
FSLogix Apps 2.0 uses a unique approach in the industry, called Image Masking. This allows applications to be installed into any Windows environment, physical or virtual, exactly as intended by the software vendor, using the standard MSI or installation tools. With a superset of applications installed on one gold image, all users get the same image and FSLogix Apps simply hides all the apps they are not allowed to see. This can be managed at such a granular scale that Office Add-ins, browser plugins, printers, fonts, and any other element of a user’s desktop may be customized instantly from one image. Add to this the ability to locate additional applications and profiles in remote volumes, and you have the simplest and most flexible profile and application delivery and management tool available.
FSLogix Apps is completely different than any other application delivery solution. Here are just a few of the unique benefits FSLogix Apps customers find the most useful:
Manage multiple Java Versions With Ease
FSLogix Apps uses advanced filtering and a patent pending type of virtualization called image masking to enable Java redirection and our other core functionality. This process is transparent to the client operating system and integrates seamlessly with all Windows based infrastructure.
Enforcing Application Entitlement
Image Masking works with Active Directory to allow pass-through of authorized applications to a user workspace, creating fully customized, role-specific environments in real time.
Recognized by leading software vendors like Microsoft® and Citrix® for solutions that enforce both user and device based software license control, FSLogix Apps provides a single method to provision applications across all your Windows™ infrastructure while maintaining compliance and optimizing for your company’s licensing agreements.
Real-time access to User Profiles with no folder redirection
Instead of placing all of the user’s files on a network share like in the redirected files approach, FSLogix encapsulates the entire profile –including the registry– in an in-guest container.
- Eliminates file server bottleneck
- Eliminates the need for “Just-in-time” file copying
- Solves the problem of virtual applications running over the network
- Dramatically reduces logon times and application launch times
For environments with limited disk space or unique configuration
FSLogix Apps Application Containers allow administrators to contain the data and executable files of an application in an in-guest container. Based on visibility and masking rules, applications are seamlessly attached to a user session and run as if locally installed in the base.
TOP 10 REASONS TO USE FSLOGIX APPS
- Massively reduce the number of Windows gold images in your environment
- Eliminate silos/pools in XenApp and VDI
- Make non-persistent VDI a reality
- Solve profile issues and eliminate folder redirection in VDI or XenApp
- Simplify DR/BC for virtual desktops
- Implement VDI and DaaS without legacy overhead
- Manage multiple applications versions easily
- Simple version control and rollback for updates
- Ensure license compliance for all users and all apps on all Windows infrastructures
- Granularity to feature level for Office add-ins, browser plugins, printer visibility, fonts and more
FSLogix is a leading innovator of solutions that enable the enterprise virtual workspace, reducing the amount of hardware, time and labor required to support cloud and virtual desktops. FSLogix Apps seamlessly integrates with desktop virtualization solutions from Microsoft, Citrix, VMware, and other industry leaders. The company is headquartered in Atlanta, GA, with offices in Orem, UT and Chelmsford, Essex, UK. For more information, visit www.fslogix.com.
We dare to be different.
Insentra is a collaborative IT Services partner delivering specialised Professional and Managed Services. Our partner-centric model provides you direct access to industry expertise. We believe great business relationships start with trust. We are 100% channel focused meaning we only transact and deliver services exclusively with our partners.
Partnering with Insentra provides access to:
- Pre-sales assistance at no cost enabling you to increase sales efficiency and success.
- Increased opportunities: If we find an opportunity for further projects we will automatically notify you of the opportunity regardless if we are involved.
- A safe pair of hands: our team are the best in the industry and we treat your clients as though they are our own. Our success is based on achieving your client’s outcomes.
- A trusted partner with skin in the game: our non compete model ensures your clients remain yours.
Our dedication to you is based on our vision to be the number one channel services company on the planet. We do this by being the best version of ourselves, creating an outstanding environment for our team, loving the work we do and amazing each other and our partners in everyway.
We are and always will remain a partner obsessed company.