Making his second appearance on the download, Gerry Sillars is responsible for Skybox in Asia and Australian markets and has more than 15 years of experience building scalable software businesses in APAC. Prior to joining Skybox Security, he established Commvault’s business in the Australia/New Zealand region prior to building businesses throughout Asia. In his last two years, he served as the Worldwide VP of Commvault’s Cloud Solutions Group where he built the Commvault Global Systems Integrator group in India and developed the regional business from the ground up.
TIMELINE / KEY POINTS:
[1:05] Gerry: Skybox offers us an opportunity to really help build a global footprint of the organization.
[03:57] Gerry: I like to do complicated things, this isn’t simple, it’s complex.
[04:04] Gerry: We’re really addressing a massive issue that people have around threat-centric vulnerability management.
[04:26] Gerry: The message that we take to the market place is threat-centric vulnerability management.
[09:54] Gerry: Trust and integrity are absolutely the two words I’d use when anyone asks me about Insentra.
Want these insights delivered straight to your inbox?
Enter your details to join Insentragram
ABOUT GERRY SILLARS
Vice President Asia Pacific | Skybox Security
For my entire career I have held leadership positions in organisations experiencing hyper growth driving a methodology that has sales excellence at its heart and in-turn delivers predictable outcomes through precise execution.
Hyper growth has nothing to do with being in the right place at the right time, instead it has everything to do with creating an environment that drives a high performance culture where people can thrive if they are passionate and work very hard; it is in the creation of such environments that I have excelled as a Leader.
Most recently I was World Wide VP of CommVault’s Cloud and Global Systems Integrator businesses. I was responsible for creating both groups over a two year period, recruiting global multi-disciplined teams and executing on our revenue goals.
Previously I ran CommVault’s APAC operation. I started as employee number 1 in Australia (after relocating my family from the UK) and was responsible with my team in building a Sales, Pre-Sales, Post- Sales, Support and admin and finance function and gradually expanding to create operations across Asia Pacific. The Australian business remains one of the Companies most successful worldwide. Today the APAC region employs 600+ people.
Areas of expertise:
– Track record of leading teams to great success in both start-up and Global IT vendors.
– Track record of identifying new areas or revenue opportunities, creating business plans and consensus support in the business and executing on those plans.
– Proven ability to manage hyper-growth start-up opportunities from ‘first-man-in’ through to extremely successful public listing.
– Thoroughness, urgency and strong business ethics are my guiding principles.
– Demonstrable ability to lead from the front, while leveraging strong relationships with key partners across Asia Pacific, EMEA and The Americas
– Subject matter expert in Storage, Storage Software, Cloud technologies, As a Service offerings.
– Hard work